The skin is the biggest and most extensive organ of our body. It is a membrane that protects us and allows us to be in contact with the outside. It is capable of regenerating periodically and helps to control our body temperature.
Lack of sleep, stress, toxic habits, or low hydration make our skin look dull and unhealthy. So, we must take care of our skin from the inside out, with healthy habits that will favor the health and appearance of our skin. We are sharing with you 5 golden rules for a softer and brighter skin.
Healthy habits, healthy skin.
- Protect yourself from the sun: According to the WHO (World Health Organization) “It is projected that the number of new cases of cancer will increase by 50% in the next two decades” and we know that one of the main causes is sun exposure.
Therefore, always protect your skin by using sunscreen every day even when the day is cloudy. Use sunblock with minimum SPF 50+ to avoid sun damage. Add it to your morning routine, 20 minutes before sun exposure, and reapply every 2 or 4 hours.
- Hydration: Our skin needs to be hydrated, and that is why it is vital to moisturize from the inside. Remember, you should be drinking 8 glasses of water a day to replace lost liquids and to eliminate toxins, benefiting the elasticity and luminosity of your skin.
- You are what you eat: It is very common to hear this phrase and that is why maintaining a healthy diet is not only good for our health, but also for our skin. Consume fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and good fats to provide our skin with the vitamins and minerals it needs to look healthy and radiant.
Fruits and vegetables are full of antioxidants and essential vitamins for the skin such as vitamin A. E, and C. Omega 3 is great to reduce skin ageing.
- Restful sleep: Lack of sleep is not only harmful for our immune system, it makes our skin look tired. Sleeping between 6 and 9 hours a day is the best beauty treatment.
Also, create a night routine for your skin (serum, night cream, eye contour) and stick to it religiously, keeping in mind that during sleep time our body recovers and the cells regenerate.
- Move: Practice a sport or two, get a work out routine, dance, do yoga, or go for walks, anything to keep you on the move! Exercising favors blood circulation, oxygenation of tissues while toning our skin and eliminating toxins by sweating.
If you still do not practice anything, find out what exercise you like and make sure it matches well with your lifestyle. An excellent option is the Figurella method with only 1 hour a day, 3 times a week. You refresh your skin, tone your tissue, and reduce inches just in the areas where you need it most. It is incredible! Get your consultation and start feeling better today!
Do you have tips to share about skincare? Let us know and become part of the Figurella Family.